Andover Trail Events Covid19 guidelines.
All of our events will now come under the UKA rules.
To move forward with the planning of any events for the foreseeable future it is necessary to take steps to ensure all events are safe for everyone and meet government guidelines with reference to COVID 19.
Landowners, the local council and any supporting companies or contractors will be consulted regarding our plans and our insurance company have agreed that the measures we are taking cover all angles.
- All runners, volunteers and crew must not share private transport unless you are sharing with somebody in your household or bubble
- All participants of our events must abide by your own local covid laws and take heed of any tier restriction imposed.
- Here on in all bibs and chips will be posted to all runners. You must bring these with you on the day. If you do not have them and have not informed us prior to the day, then you cannot run.
- Race briefing and all event details will be emailed to runners and posted on our social media.
- We will not have a mass start. Start times will vary for each event in the future. We will be operating open starts and all runners will be advised of what time slot you are in, by email. Please do not arrive early and try and squeeze into another slot.
- Just before you are due to run, your temperature will be checked by one of our crew in PPE using a digital thermometer. Runners with a temperature over 38 c will not be permitted to run and will be asked to go home. If you feel at all unwell prior to race day, then please do not turn up.
- You may run with small groups but must be aware of social distancing.
- Your time will start when you cross the start line.
- Check points will be manned by our crew and volunteers on the day all wearing PPE, Gloves, face masks, and visors. There will be snacks and drinks, but we will be encouraging you to self-support as much as possible. On approaching a check point, runners must ensure they are wearing a face covering. You will be met by our crew member in full PPE and hand sanitizer will be sprayed into your hands, you must allow this, or you will not be permitted to use the check point. There will be crew on the check point just to ensure the smooth running of it, not to serve you. You must pick up what food you wish to eat and move away to a safe distance. As always, our events are cup less so please bring your own. We do sell collapsible cups if anyone requires one – these are £3 per cup.
You will be encouraged to move on as quickly as possible once you have hydrated. This is to ensure there are minimal people at a check point at any given time. On moving away from the check point you must sanitise your hands again.
- When running you must all be aware of other trail users and be courteous and patient, please leave enough space for people to pass. When over taking another runner please let them know you are passing them. “Passing left/right”.
- When you have crossed the finish line your time will be recorded by way of chip timer and will be uploaded to the results page as normal. You will be handed a medal by our crew member in full PPE and encouraged to move away from the immediate area. Winners of male and female categorize will be worked out after the race and prizes will be posted to you.
- There will be medical support onsite and throughout the course.
- There will be mandatory kit required for this event and will include face covering and hand sanitizer. If you do not have these items, you will not be permitted to run. No negotiations.
We really are trying our very best to make all furuew events as safe and of course as enjoyable for everybody, runners and general public alike and your cooperation in this difficult time will be greatly appreciated.
If the event is cancelled by our local council all runners will receive a full refund minus admin fee.
Thank you Mark and team